Participants should read carefully the following rules and regulations. By submitting a registration, a participant confirms and agrees to abide by all the rules, terms and conditions of “HSMC FunD Run for U” (the Run) laid down by Hang Seng Management College (the Organiser).
- Participants should register only to their respective age group (in accordance with the year of birth).
- In order to confirm registration, all registration forms and minimum donations should be submitted.
- Once a registration is accepted, all submitted donations are non-refundable and non-transferable under any circumstances.
- Repeated registrations will be counted as a single entry. The additional donation is non-refundable and cannot be transferred to another participant or another race category. No submitted information will be returned.
- All participants will receive confirmation by email within 10 working days upon successful registration. If no confirmation email is received, please contact Race Registration Office “Sportsoho Media Ltd.” by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone: 2117 1650 for enquiries.
- Late or on-site registration will not be accepted.
- Incomplete registration will not be accepted.
- Participants should ensure that all personal data provided is accurate. Any false declaration or impersonation on the part of a participant will lead to his or her disqualification. The Organiser reserves the right to take legal action against relevant parties.
- The Organiser reserves the right to accept, restrict and reject any registration.
- Once all places for the Run have been filled, the Organiser may terminate registration without further notice.
- All particulars of the Run, and all arrangements regarding confirmation of registration and donations shall be determined by the Organiser at its absolute discretion. In case of any disputes, the decision of the Organiser shall be final.
- Successfully registered participants will receive a race pack notification email. If no such email is received by Thursday, 29 March 2018, please contact the Race Registration Office “Sportsoho Media Ltd.” by phone on 2117 1650.
- Each Participant will be notified to collect a race pack (including a race bib attached with a timing chip and a T-shirt) two weeks before the Run. Participants or their authorised representative must bring along the printed rack pack notification email or display the email on any electronic device to collect the pack on the date and at the location designated in the email (the representative will be required to present an authorisation letter).
- No race bib (attached with a timing chip) will be issued or redistributed on the Run day. The race bib (attached with a timing chip) and the race number are not transferable. Any participant who violates the rule will be disqualified.
- Participants should check carefully whether the race pack includes a race bib with an attached timing chip when collecting the pack.
Health and Safety Advice
- Participants should make sure they are physically fit for the Run, and are fully aware that the Run requires physical exertion, and understand the risks involved in taking part in the Run. It is the sole responsibility of a participant to ensure that he/she is physically fit to participate in and complete the Run without any medical or other assistance. All participants run at their own risks and are responsible for their own safety. The Organiser suggests all participants should monitor their own physical conditions or seek medical advice to ensure they are fit and capable of participating in the Run. The Race Officials or Rescue Workers of the Organiser have the right to stop any participant in the Run in consideration of his or her physical condition. Such a decision is not to be contested by the participant concerned.
- If a participant feels unwell prior to the Run, he or she should seek medical advice and decide whether they should attend the Run.
- If a participant feels unwell during the Run, he or she should immediately stop and seek assistance from the Race Officials nearby.
- People who are pregnant or with chronic diseases, such as heart disease or high blood pressure, are not recommended to participate in the Run. The Organiser reserves the right to disqualify any person who is known or suspected to be physically unfit to participate in the Run.
- Participants are advised to bring their own sunscreen, wear a cap and drink sufficient water. The use of an umbrella to block the sun or rain during the Run is prohibited.
- While public liability insurance is covered by the Organiser, participants should be responsible for purchasing their own personal accident insurance.
- By submitting his/her application to take part in the Run, and subsequently taking part in the Run, a participant: (a) warrants and confirms to the Organiser that he/she is physically fit to participate in and complete the Run; and (b) agrees to indemnify the Organiser and hold the Organiser indemnified and harmless for i) any injury or death suffered by the participant himself/herself or any other persons; and ii) any damage to property as a result of him/her not being physically fit to participate in and complete the Run.
- Dangerous goods (i.e. offensive weapons, flammable, explosive agents or materials/objects which obstruct other participants, etc.) are strictly prohibited.
Arrangements on the Day of the Run
- Participants should arrive at the Run venue 1 hour earlier before respective start time. The Organiser reserves the right to alter arrangements and/or schedule of the Run if necessary.
- Water stations and baggage storage counters are available.
- Participants should allow sufficient time to reach the start point and arrange baggage storage at designated counters before the Run.
- The Organiser will provide baggage bag and tag. Participants should attach the provided tag to their personal belongings to be stored for identification.
- Participants are required to pick up their stored baggage at Hang Seng Management College in person. Baggage will be arriving designated pick up counters around 45 minutes after Run starts.
- Participants are required to display the race bib properly on their chests to ensure it is visible at all times during the Run. They may risk being disqualified if they fail to do so.
- Participants should put on the timing chip before the Run starts, otherwise their race result will not be certified, nor will they be entitled to any race record, ranking or prize.
- Chips and race bibs are non-transferable. If substitute runners are found, offenders will be disqualified.
- Race results will be determined using the official race clock.
- Participants should strictly follow the Organiser’s instructions and arrangements. Offenders will be disqualified.
- Appeal is only acceptable within 15 minutes after result announcement. No appeal will be entertained afterwards.
- Should there be any disputes, the race official’s decision is final and conclusive.
- The Organiser reserves all rights to amend and/or interpret any of the above rules.
Adverse Weather Arrangements
- If Typhoon Signal No. 8 or above is issued at any time from 12:00 noon on the day before the event, the Run will be cancelled.
- If Black Rainstorm Signal is issued at any time from 12:00 a.m. on the day of the event, the Run will be cancelled.
- If Red Rainstorm Signal, Thunderstorm Warning or Typhoon Signal No.3 is issued at any time from 6:00 a.m. on the day of the event, the Run will be held as scheduled unless otherwise notified.
- If any of the above Inclement Weather/Condition Warnings is issued after the commencement of the Run, the Organiser reserves the right to adjust the race distance, alter any arrangement, or call off the Run.
- In case of adverse weather conditions or any other uncontrollable factors, the Organiser has the right to make changes or cancel the Run, and no submitted donations will be refunded. The Run will be rescheduled and the rescheduled date will be announced later.
- Please check on this website (http://hsmcfundrun.com/) at 6:00 a.m. on the day of the event for the latest update on the Run.
- The Organiser reserves the right to amend and/or interpret any of the rules above. In regard to any ad hoc changes or cancellation of the Run, only announcements by the Organiser posted on the this website (http://hsmcfundrun.com/) shall be deemed official.
- If the weather conditions are unstable before the Run, participants are also advised to contact the Hong Kong Observatory (telephone number: 1878200) or browse its website to check the weather conditions on the morning of the Run.
- Baggage storage will be provided by the Organiser for all participants. Please do NOT put any valuable items in the storage facility. The Organiser is not responsible for and will not compensate for any loss of or damage to the baggage stored. Participants who use this storage service are automatically bound by this clause.
- Should they encounter any emergency or require assistance from the Organiser during the event, participants should contact the Race Officials at the Information Centre.
- For race safety, use of wheelchairs and baby strollers are strictly prohibited on race course.
- No prizes or gifts for the Run are redeemable for cash.
- After registration, participants agree that the Organiser and third party service providers engaged by the Organiser may use their name(s), address(es), photograph(s), audio and/or visual recording(s), biodata and likeness(es) in all preparations and promotions in connection with the Run for any lawful purpose in perpetuity as the Organiser may in their sole and absolute discretion decide, and agree to waive any right of inspection or approval associated therewith.
- The above rules, terms and conditions are written in both English and Chinese. If there is any conflict in meaning, the English version shall prevail.
- The Organiser reserves the right to amend any of the above rules or information without prior notice and the right to interpret any of the rules, terms and conditions above.